Aug 30, 2012

Outfit Snap: Tea for Two

Tuesday, my mother came to visit me in my city for an afternoon of pampering and treats! My family lives in a different state, so I don't get to spend very much time one on one with any of them. Getting to see her this way was quite a treat in itself!

After she arrived, we stumbled upon a farmer's market set up downtown. We had plans for tea, so we didn't get much, but the vegetables and flowers were so pretty!

Sunflowers are my mom's favorite flowers, and the ones at the
market were incredible examples

After browsing the market, we had our nails done in a little parlor nearby. The girl working on mine recognized that I was wearing Lolita.

Next, we enjoyed afternoon tea at one of my favorite tea houses in Chicago, Russian Tea Time. Our waiter was very old-world and insisted on teaching us to drink our tea "the Russian way", which involves putting a generous amount of white sugar and lemon into your tea, and then sipping your tea through a brown sugar cube you hold in your teeth.

Russian Tea Time serves a house-blend Russian style black tea, in addition to
 a more conventional tea menu. The Russian tea is served in these cool tankers! 
Tea was excellent, and so generous that had to bring home some of the sweets.

A selection of our goodies! Not pictured are our
scones, cream, and jam, and our extra order of sandwiches.
I wore lolita for the first time in ages. It felt really good to dress up. I like spending time with my family in lolita because I hear so many stories about people's families opposing their interest in lolita or other alternative fashions. I am lucky to have such a supportive family, they all really enjoy my fashion choices!

I went for a subtle daytime smokey eye, a peachy-nude lip, and penciled eyebrows.
My hair is a wig from Gothic Lolita Wigs pulled into pigtails. 
I wanted to go for a fairy-casual, summery look. I think my coordinate turned out slightly sweeter than I intended, but I like the result. Sorry I didn't get a better picture of my outfit!




Jumperskirt: Innocent World
Bolero: Emily Temple Cute
Shoes: Bordello
Tights and hair accessories: off-brand

Thanks for looking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment